Welcome to AynRand.no
AynRand.no is an introduction to the philosophy of Ayn Rand, Objectivism.
All the articles are in Norwegian until further notice, but feel free to use Google Translate or similar services to read them in English or your native langugage.
- Introduksjon til Objektivismen
- Ayn Rand: En kortfattet biografi
- Hva er filosofi og hvorfor bry seg?
What is Objectivism?
Objectivism is a philosophy enabling you to live as good and meaningful as possible. To make the most out of your life you have to use reason as the sole means of gaining knowledge. Reality is what it is and everything that exists has specific properties.
Based on this we observe facts, discover what is good for Man, and works out what actions are right to promote life. If you want to be as happy as possible and reach as far as you are able to, Objectivism is for you.
Objectivism tells you:
- That reality is objective and independent of human consciousness and wishes
- That reason and logic are Man’s sole means of knowledge
- That selfishness is right for leading a happy and productive life
- That a social system protecting individual rights secures harmony
- That art plays a vital role in maintaining and developing your mind
According to Objectivism you should:
- Follow reason, not wishful thinking or faith
- Work to achieve a meaningful and productive life
- Obtain deserved self confidence
- Let the pursuit of happiness be your highest moral goal
- Achieve progress by treating others as individuals
- Trade value for value
My philosophy, in essence, is the concept of man as a heroic being, with his own happiness as the moral purpose of his life, with productive achievement as his noblest activity, and reason as his only absolute.
– Ayn Rand